Choosing the investments that are appropriate for you can be difficult. I assist you in identifying your investment objectives, evaluating your risk tolerance, analyzing your current portfolio, developing an appropriate asset allocation strategy and recommending various alternatives tailored to help towards meeting your individual needs and goals.
The Lincoln Financial Advisors approach to investment planning relies on core principles developed and tested since the inception of our firm. These principles are:
- Asset allocation provides the foundation to managing portfolio risk and return potential
- Tax efficiency and asset location are critical
- Portfolio expenses must be scrutinized
- No single money management firm can be all things to all people
- Our most important role is to be an objective advocate.
- Control costs, be tax efficient and manage risk.
Estate / Asset Protection Planning
Generally, the goals of estate planning are to provide for financial security in life and to maximize - given the client's goals and objectives - the estate for family and other heirs following death. Many factors can significantly shrink the size of your estate. Proper planning is critical to help minimize estate settlement costs, disputes and provide a comfortable living for your family. To fully leverage estate preservation opportunities and develop strategies to help achieve distribution objectives, I consider:
- Will and trust design strategies
- Property ownership alternatives, including the review of titling and beneficiaries to coordinate with your overall plan
- Distribution strategies
- Estate tax reduction techniques
- Insurance analysis
- Qualified plan distribution alternatives
- Family-gifting strategies
- Charitable planning
- Employee stock option optimization
Business Owner/Succession Strategies
If you are a business owner, deciding whether to keep, pass on or sell your interest at death, disability or retirement can be very difficult. Whatever your decision, let me help assist you in retaining its value for you and your family. Evaluating the tax consequences of your options and helping you reduce their impact at the time of transfer is a vital part of the process.
With the support of your accounting and legal advisors, I can help you structure and implement a plan to help towards achieving your objectives in the following areas:
- Business succession planning, which may include dispositions during life and at death
- Executive compensation plans
- Employee group benefits
- Buy-sell agreements
- Gifts of corporate stock
- Life insurance
- Private annuities
- Self-canceling installment notes
- Family partnerships
- Management control
Through the financial planning process, we do not evaluate only one aspect of your life, we look at the full picture and develop a personalize financial plan which includes Estate Planning, Investment Planning, Retirement Planning and Business Owner/Succession Planning. By doing this, you can feel confident that all aspects of your life are evaluated together and your financial plan will identify solutions to help you towards achieving your financial goals.
Because Lincoln Financial Advisors planners are not product-centered, we focus on your needs. Once financial planning is complete, we work with you and your existing advisors, such as accountants and attorneys, to put together the pieces of your financial puzzle using a cross-disciplinary approach designed to help secure your future. If you don’t have trusted advisors, we will help you find them.
Financial independence during retirement is a goal that many of us desire but rarely plan for adequately. With retirement often lasting for 20 years or more, many of my clients are concerned about outliving their savings. I can estimate what you need to maintain your current lifestyle at retirement. Any company-sponsored retirement plans, individual retirement accounts, savings accounts, and other sources of income are evaluated. Then, an effective, step-by-step strategy is determined, taking advantage of current tax laws and suitable investment vehicles. Creating a strategy can help set the stage for a comfortable retirement.
The longer you wait to create a retirement plan, the more you jeopardize your future happiness. You'll thank yourself tomorrow for what you start today. To help guide you towards retirement income security, I offer:
- Needs assessment
- Retirement income modeling
- Benefits analysis
- Distribution options
- Retirement planning will also analyze and create strategies in the areas applicable to your situation on the topics of:
- Education Funding Planning
- Personal Risk Management
- Life Insurance
- Survivor needs
- Disability Income Insurance
- Long Term Care Insurance